January is a powerful time of the year to revaluate our lives. It’s a little like hitting the reset button. We are giving ourselves permission to look back at what we have achieved and what we would like to change or create for the New Year. The question is; how do we go about doing this? The challenge is staying on track.
So how do you plan on staying on track? Most people don’t think that far ahead nor do they know what to do, so they find themselves sliding back into their old patterns. Since it takes 21 days of doing something differently to create new neuro-pathways in the brain and approximately 45 days to break a habit, we need to have a plan that supports us in creating success. Face it, most of us will fall off the wagon at least once, so it is important to be prepared and have a Success Plan that supports you in the follow-up as well.
Here are some helpful suggestions:
- Create a plan with:
- A personal New Years Mission Statement
- Create your Word for the year (mine is Delight)
- Develop Affirmations (see your free membership Self-Care Kit)
- Use my Self Hypnosis CDs or get a Personalize CD
- Steps for achieving your goals, breaking them into small steps
- Find a “Success Buddy” and talk weekly
- Create Rewards for reaching your milestones
- Be gentle with yourself, don’t beat yourself up and/or give up.
- Give yourself permission to be human and recommit yourself.
- Schedule a one on one coaching session, for support.
Creating a Success Plan will give you a sense of being prepared. Life is a work in process, so feel free to add to your Success Plan or change what doesn’t work for you. The most important part of this experience is to remember life is a journey and everything takes time and practice. Enjoy and “Remember To Be Gentle With Yourself!”
President & Founder
Join us on Facebook & Twitter
Click this link for your free consultation with Robin Hart CH.t. If your are in the Portland Oregon or Hillsboro Oregon area, you can have an in office consultation/appointment. If you are further away then we are happy to set up a Skype of phone session or you can fly into town for a live session. Call: 503-317-8700 and leave a message.