Hello Exquisite Women,
It’s time to look at our life and see if we are in balance. We tend to start off the beginning of the year by creating New Years resolutions or by setting goals. We put so much pressure on ourselves to: lose weight, become more organized, break old habits etc. Did you set a goal this year? So many women have decided to bag the whole resolution concept because they feel it stresses them out and they feel like they will just fail. It’s almost like the pendulum swinging the opposite direction so they give up before even trying. Well, this comes from years of putting pressure on themselves and not succeeding. The more pressure we put on ourselves the more out of balance we become. Eventually it feels like our life is out of control and we can’t do anything well, and sometimes this is exactly what happens.
As women we tend to feel that the only way to be a successful women is to be good at juggling e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. We strive to take care of everyone and everything. We think we are super woman! We can’t keep all those plates spinning and something has to give. We can’t keep up that pace we will eventually burnout. Trust me I know! I have done that pattern more times than I want to admit. Our bodies are a good indicator when we are out of balance, they can only handle so much neglect. The body will make you stop everything if you are not listening. I have found this to be a blessing in the long run!
I’m not sure where this whole idea to be super women came from, probably with our need to be independent and equal. The problem is we thought that to be equal meant do it all. Bringing home the bacon as well as taking care of everything and everyone else. I haven’t seen to many men doing it all. They usually come home from work and kick back while we are running around cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids. At least that was the out paradigm. Times are changing and there are more and more men helping out around the house. I have one of those wonderful men in my life!
What we have discovered over the years is that being super woman has a high cost. That cost is our health. So many women are out of balance and driving themselves into the ground. Some women have chronic fatigue and others have fibromyalgia and some can’t sleep. I see this over and over again in my private practice. Our bodies are crying out for love and attention! We are burning out!
Burnout is a state of mental, emotional, and eventually physical exhaustion. This constant stress and exhaustion can make you feel disillusioned with life, helpless, and completely worn out! Doctors are now saying that STRESS isn’t just harmful to our health, it is a KILLER. Stress can cause all kinds of diseases and disorders. High stress levels in women can lead to a rise in cortisol levels. Cortisol is the hormone that affects the adrenal glands, boosting our fight-or-flight response.
New research from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, indicates that high levels of cortisol increase a woman’s risk for developing diabetes, heart disease, thinning of the bones, cognitive impairment, and depression. It can also lead to obesity and fatigue. Nearly 50 percent of American women say they don’t have enough free time, according to a study by the Families and Work Institute.
This is a serious situation and we can afford to ignore it. After seeing so many women exhausted, not sleeping, disillusioned, emotionally disconnected and gaining weight, I knew I had to create a nurturing community for women where we can flourish, though education and empowerment.
Check in and see: Do you have balance in your work life? What about balance in your home life? How are your relationships? Are they suffering? How is your energy level? Are you sleeping well? Really step back and re-evaluate your life. YOU are the ONLY one who can make the necessary changes. You deserve to live a happy rewarding life. Trust me when mama’s happy everybody’s happy!
Here are some strategies to you avoid burnout and create a life of b-a-l-a-n-c-e and well-being:Start your morning with some “Me Time.” You must make yourself a priority! Get yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee. Sit in a quite place and listen to soft music or sit in silence. Try listening to your “Relax, Receive & Recharge MP3 journey. Tune into your heart. Start with taking some nice cleansing breathes, while you bring your awareness to love. At first your mind will wander, that’s fine just keep bringing your awareness back to love… feel it in your heart and breathe…
- Write in a journal and set your intention for the day. You will find using your Free Exquisite Self-Care E-Workbook a great tool.
- Read something that inspires you. There are so many wonderful Spiritual and Self help authors.
- Stretch or do some gentle yoga. Regular physical activity really helps alleviate stress.
- Start your day by eating healthy. Be sure to add protein to your morning meal and yes you must eat something in the morning, even a yogurt.
- Set boundaries at home and work. Pace yourself and don’t overextend yourself. Learn how to say “no” you don’t have to do it all. Remember there are ALWAYS other possibilities! If you find this difficult, remind yourself that saying “no” allows you to say “yes” to the things that you truly want to do. You deserve it!
- Get support and delegate! Reach out to friends, family or your spiritual community. Don’t let your pride get in the way of your Self-Care!
- Take time each day to completely disconnect from technology. That means no phone or computer.
- Be creative; pick up your favorite hobby. Have some fun! Creativity is life giving. Nurture your creativity, even if you don’t feel you are creative. We all are creative, just do something fun!
- Be sure to go to bed before 10pm, they say the most restful healing hours to sleep are between 10pm and 2pm. Your body needs sleep in order to repair and release stress. We should be going into the REM state of sleep every 90 minutes, in order to release the stress and trauma of the day. If you have sleep issues call me for a free consultation. I have helped so many wonderful women sleep using my Subconscious Mind Training and Laminine.
Balance is the name of the game! As a Free NWHLI Member you should have received your FREE Exquisite Self-Care Kit download. I would like to encourage you to use it as a tool for support and empowerment!
Be sure to check out our Premium Level Membership, which is a year journey of Self-Empowerment and Discovery!
Remember To Be Gentle With Yourself!
President & Founder
Join us on Facebook & Twitter
Click link for your free consultation with Robin Hart. If you are in the Portland Oregon, Beaverton Oregon or Hillsboro Oregon area, you can have an in office consultation/appointment. If you are further away then we are happy to set up a Skype of phone session. Call: 503-317-8700 and leave a message.